Thursday, October 18, 2007

Climbers

My daughters are 15 months old now and have learned the art of climbing. I am sure they get it from me, as I have always been a climber. I started out climbing trees as a child, now I climb mountains.

I wonder how to keep two 15 month old girls from hurting themselves. I hate to always tell them no, no you can't do that. But it is my duty to make sure they don't hurt themselves. It wasn't so bad when they only climbed into chairs. They have graduated on to bigger things now.

Kaida and Ember planned out a big climb this morning at the shop. Together, they moved a dinning chair up next to a counter while I was not looking. They next thing that I know they have both climbed up on top of the counter and are doing some sort of dance! Scared me to death!

I, in turn, scared them when I grabbed them both off so quickly. I have moved the chairs out of the area where they play now. But I can see in their eyes that they are already plotting new expedition.

What's a frightened, but freespirit loving, mom to do?

No comments: