Monday, October 8, 2007

Dating

I haven't been on a date since I decided to try and get pregnant. I haven't even went out with a group without my daughters. Then, today, out of the blue a man that I ave known for years asked me out. His name is Erik and he is very handsome! He is pagan as well. That's how I meet him. He is a customer of my shop and has been since I first started working there.

We have a lot in common. As I said, he is pagan, Druid I believe. I am eclectic Wiccan, not too very different. He is an attorney by the way. He also plays rugby. He skydives like me. He does all sorts of adventure sports and so do I. We have always gotten along great. We have lots to talk about.

He likes my daughters as well. But liking them the once or twice a week that he is in the shop is not the same as liking the all the time. How do I know if dating this man is good or bad for my daughters. If it were just me, sure I would go out with him. But I have Ember and Kaide to think about now.

Would it hurt to go out on one date? No, surely not. But what if I really started to like him and it turned out that he couldn't deal with my kids? It's a lot to think about. Being a mom is huge responsibility. I need to make sure that I put them first in everything.

I just don't really know what to do. I know that I have to take a chance eventually or be alone forever. But how do I know that we are ready now? I don't want to miss the chance though. Wow, there is a lot to think about and decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi skye, I love your blog. I was just reading your dating entry. I would say a date wouldn't hurt but be sure to take things slow and just see where they go. See how he acts when he can spend more time with your girls. Maybe when we two haevbeen seeing each other for a littlw while you and him could sit down and talk about it. Good luck hon.Have a great day!!!!